Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Meet Polka Nuts

Untitled

Remember the amazing petal pillow my grandma gave me last year? After she gave it to me, I hopped online to see if there were any like it, or any patterns around, and I found this owl pattern. I thought it would be a great Christmas gift, but then I put it aside and moved on.

My daughter has decided that she now wants to have an owl themed room, and I remembered the pattern I had purchased and dug it back out.

It only took me a couple of days, and I didnt need as many petals as the pattern said. The pattern was also not very clear and gave no directions to assembling, so I ended up winging it. Get it? Winging it? I even ended up going through and adding more feather rows after she received it.





I surprised her with it after hurrying and finishing late into the night.

There are a lot of polka dot patterns on the feathers, and she calls that "polka nuts", so she named her owl Polka Nuts.




Pin It Pin It

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails