Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Leigh's Blankies



About 9 months ago, a friend of mine from high school who lives back East sent me an email asking if I had heard of this man's story because they are a local Christian family who lost his wife; his three children's mother in a car accident.

I sat and read his blog for a very long time that day, with tears streaming down my face. It was so raw and so real and just so possible for any one of us to experience. I went to church that week and asked for prayer for this family. They were always on my heart and my mind.



Fast forward a few months later, and I saw on the blog that Leigh Ann's best friend Andra started up an awesome organization called "Leigh's Blankies". You can read all about her story here


One Saturday recently, my husband and the kids and I were out and about and stopped by a yard sale in our neighborhood. I hopped out of the car really quick to take a peak and saw a sign talking about "Leigh's Blankies". I spoke out loud my thoughts and low and behold, I was meeting the sweet woman who started this! 



(an orphanage in Haiti just received 20 new blankets!)

This same yard sale raised $750.00 for Leigh's Blankies. This week, Andra got a request in for an order of 70 xl boys' blankets. The cost to make these blankets? 756.00! Totally God! 

God is using them to do great and mighty things for children around the world by providing blankets and spreading His love! It is exciting! They are in need of donations, Sewers (they have kits that can be picked up and completed at home and brought back!) and any help you would like to give. PLEASE "like" their facebook! I can not wait to get involved in this God-led group helping others out and I am so excited to see what God has in store!




Pin It

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails