Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Birdcage makeover

Make sure you head over to Thrifty Decorating and enter to win the Vintage Apron! 


Awhile back, I was on the lookout for a pretty and decorative birdcage to go on my table in my entry way. I wanted one of those tall skinny birdcages at Pottery Barn. But since my attention span and decorating changes a lot, I wasn't interested in spending a lot either. 

I looked around on Craigslist (which I have yet to buy from) and didn't see any, and figured when I find one, "Great!"

Well, one day, I went to a yard sale in my neighborhood and saw a lonely birdcage sitting on a table for 4.00. YES. FOUR DOLLARS! I snatched it right up, paid for it and gleefully sped away before she could change her mind.

At first glance, it wasn't impressive. There were some hot glue spots on it with remnants of feathers here and there like a craft project gone wrong. It was painted in a very country fashion. But I knew this had potential. 

I picked up some spray paint (Valspar "Mediterranean") and got right to work. I wish I had taken a before picture, but alas, I did not. You will just have to settle for the after picture!


I wanted to add some candles inside so I ran over to the dollar store and picked up 3 of their largest pillar candles. I still needed a larger one, and I was able to get the large one you see in the picture on sale for 10.00 and use a 10 off 10.00 coupon at Kohls! Picked up a hook and chain to hang it and it was complete!



It was larger than I had wanted since it didn't fit on my entry table, but I do really like it's alternative spot. Now I just need to find something else to go in that spot!


Pin It

2 comments:

Lauren @ My Wonderfully Made said...

OH I love it!! Love the color (my new fave color by the way!) and the candles inside -- perfect!

Poor Badger Creations said...

Cute! =)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails