Tuesday, May 17, 2011

7 minute frosting

I remember when I was young, my mom used to make this really good frosting that you would want to just sit and eat alone! It tasted just like marshmallow cream.

So I was thinking about it the other day and called my mom for the name of the recipe. It's 7 minute frosting. To make it, you do it on top of the stove in a double broiler. Paula Dean has a recipe for it here.

Then I heard the best part about this recipe.  My mom told me " I think you can make it in the microwave." Yes, yes I will!



So here's how I made the 7 minute frosting. You can put this on anything! Pound cake, chocolate cake, cupcakes, yum! It's so bad for you and is mostly pure sugar, but that doesn't really come as a surprise, does it?

MICROWAVED 7 MINUTE FROSTING

½ c. granulated sugar
¼ c. light karo syrup
2 T. water

1 t. of vanilla



Microwave 3½ minutes on high. 



While that is cooking in microwave, beat 2 egg whites until stiff. 


When above mixture has cooked 3½ minutes, pour slowly over egg whites. 


Add 1 tsp. vanilla. Beat until desired consistency.




Pin It

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails