Friday, September 24, 2010

Glitter Bond

Hey there!

Meet my new friend, Glitter Bond. An inexpensive way to add some sparkle to fabric!



For this project, I used a onesie I had previously dyed, glitter bond, martha stewart glitter, and lace.

I used the freezer paper technique for the glitter bond. I cut out the stencil on freezer paper, ironed on, and then applied the glitter bond generously with a sponge onto one of the images. IMMEDIATELY after (because it seems to dry fast), I sprinkled the glitter on and then shook excess off. I repeated the process with the second color.


For the lace, I just made sure to pin it all on so that it sewed nice and straight. I pleated the ruffle collar so that it wouldn't bend up into her face. I thought the lace looked like a fancy little tablecloth.



Easy enough, right? It's so satisfying to see all that shimmer! :) 

Pin It

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails