Friday, July 2, 2010

What are you doing?

As Americans, for the most part, we have a lot. Even those that don't have a lot really do have a lot. Lately, its been on both my husband's and my own heart to do more. We are told to do more. James 1:27 tells us  "Pure and undefiled religion before God and the Father is this: to visit orphans and widows in their trouble,and to keep oneself unspotted from the world."

I'm not going to lie, money is tight right now.  But at the end of the day, we have a home, two vehicles, we have food to feed our children, food for ourselves and we have clothes. God always provides for us. Sometimes, something as simple as the air conditioner or getting water from the fridge makes me stop and just thank God for blessing us. Healthy children are something else we just can't take for granted. 

I encourage you to watch this video. I guarantee you will be moved. It is a long video, so I would let it load and then start watching it at 3:45 minutes in. 

Then, check out this. I am excited to do this with Jaden.  Jaden will be able to grow up helping someone his own age from another place. Hopefully Jackson will in a couple of years, and then Ellie.  Because as tight as money is right now, there is a way for us to do what we are told as Christians. God always provides.

My grandfather did this, faithful in sponsoring, even when my grandma doubted it was legitimate. After he passed, my grandma still continues to do this, and together they have done this for a child for 13 years. She still regulary gets mail froom her and she is about 18 years old now. How neat to be able to watch her grow up like that, while helping her too!

Just something to think about.

Pin It

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails