Monday, May 19, 2008

Rainbow Cupcakes


Yesterday was a crazy day. We had a youth fundraiser/lunch at church and to help me out, my mom told Jaden to ask me if he could go over to her house afterwards so I could clean up and such. Jaden came over and tapped me, and said "Jaden go to Grammy's?" with sweet little pleading eyes. I went over and asked my mom if she knew Jaden was trying to sneak his way into her car and she said she told Jaden to ask me. So I said really loud "Hmmm, should Jaden go to your house?" and I look over at Jaden and he is shaking his head yes. It was too cute. Where has my baby gone? He just seems so big lately! I went in yesterday morning to wake him up and he was "sleeping in his body" as he calls it *translating to "I dont want to wear pajamas, just my underwear". Here is the long limbed kid, sprawled out in every direction in his big boy bed. He looked so grown up! Then I started singing to him, and he instantly starting sucking like a baby. There we go, thats my baby still.

ANYWAY! That was quite a step off track there! When I went to pick up Jaden, Jackson and I went in the bike trailer and hung out at my mom's for the evening while Micah went and played basketball. While we were there, we all made rainbow cupcakes....well I did it, Olivia took pictures with her camera, Jaden licked the spoon and my mom watched.

What you need:


  • White cake mix, use egg whites not the whole egg
  • Food coloring
Divide batter into 6 bowls and color red, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple. Line muffin tin with linters and layer batter purple first, then blue, green, yellow, orange, and red. Keep the layers thin so that you can fit all 6 colors in each cup. It seems like it fills it almost to the top, but we didnt have a problem with them rising out of the cups too bad. Bake for the longest amount of time (these were 25 minutes baked in 350) and enjoy!

We didnt frost them, I figure the food coloring is bad enough. But of course you can decorate them with lots of white fluffy frosting! a perfect cloudy rainbow!

This is perfect for kids because of all of the fun colors and layers! And the muffin liners look so cool, like they have been tie dyed! I wonder what we could do with them.....

Pin It

3 comments:

Chris said...

Awesome! I am going to do these with Ella soon. I totally copy your ideas!

Sparklinbecks said...

Thats what the blog is for!! Cant wait to hear how it goes :)

Melissa said...

How cute!! You always do the most fun stuff! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails